Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I begin...

Hello!

One of my nieces suggested to me this weekend that I should create a blog.  I come from a big family and am always taking pictures and putting together fun projects with them and it's been a great release for my creative juices.

That fun led me to create cards, favors, dvds and all sorts of things for parties and/or as gifts for people.   It becomes overwhelming sometimes to work a 9 to 5 job and then come home and start putting together wine bottle labels and cutting paper for chocolate bar covers and gluing, etc. that I never wanted to put myself out there to make money, but I have done it from time to time and it's fun but not as much as it is when I'm working on something for someone I love.  When I design something for someone I know and love I create something that is special to them, for them.  So this blog will be another place for me to share my work with my family and friends and maybe give someone an idea for something and hopefully give me back some ideas and feedback on my work.

I named my blog page "Molly Made Me Do It" because I had a Yorkie named Molly and she was my inspiration.  It started with my Christmas cards.  Everyone puts their kids on a photo and sends it out, and since I am not a mom, I started sending my family and friends cards designed by me with Molly on the cover.  My favorite is posted below.

This I sent out for Halloween in 2001.  Toto was not in the shot so I placed Molly on the bed and the card caption read "Molly I Have A Feeling We're Not In Brooklyn Anymore".  Everyone loved it and I just love the look on Molly's face in this picture.

5 comments:

kathy said...

Tricia, I LOVE it! You have a million stories, and I for one, can't wait to read all of them! This is a great intro! I think I'll have to copy the Christmas Card idea now that we're in FL!!
You Rock and keep the stories coming!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it!! you're gonna have a ball with this one. That is a great pic of Molly to have pasted in. It works perfectly. Enjoy! Miss ya! xoxoxoxoxoxo

Tricia said...

Thank you!!! I will include stories about you too Kathy!!!

Anonymous said...

This is great! Your so talented! I will be adding it to my daily blog repertoire!

Tricia said...

Thank you Irene!!! You made me do it now!!!